Front of House Volunteer
( If you are interested in the positions below, please download and complete the VOLUNTEER FORM (216) and return to email@example.com)
Are you interested in Museums? Do you want to learn more about Chinese and other East and South East Asian Arts and Cultures? We are seeking for enthusiastic volunteers who will like to be part of our front of house team. You will help to create a welcoming atmosphere and provide excellent customer service care to those that call or visit the museum.
Outline of tasks to be undertaken:
- To answer the telephone and record all messages, pass on all messages to the relevant contact.
- To serve customers in the shop
- Greet Visitors and take admission fees
- Conduct visitor survey
- Manage the till and take money
- Fill in admissions daily record sheet
- Recording sales in the book
- Taking Friends membership
- Stock on shelves
- Cleaning-Especially dusting on the shelfs and keeping the shop clean
- To keep the desk area clean and tidy
- Informing visitors about our permanent, temporary exhibitions as well as the Museum’s programme of events.
- Provide visitors with gallery guides, calendar of events and Museum related hand outs
- To handle initial inquiries about group and school visits
- To take booking information for Museum events and workshops and taking payments