Volunteer Evaluation Assistant
Job Description: Volunteer Evaluation Assistant
Duration: Feb – June 2015, 2 days a week (between Tuesday – Thursday)
Location: Museum of East Asian Art, 12 Bennett Street, Bath, BA1 2QJ
Working Location: From home with regular meetings in Bristol or Bath
Application Deadline: End of Saturday 14 February 2015
The position of voluntary evaluation assistant functions to support the MEAA community engagement officer in the design and delivery of a public engagement evaluation. Specifically this role will contribute to the development of a series of questionnaires, surveys and participatory evaluation activities. These evaluation processes will be rolled out at The Lunar New Year Extravaganza event and at a series of arts workshops due to be delivered in spring 2015.
Description of duties
- Assist with the design of a series of questionnaires, surveys and participatory evaluation activities
- Assist with the collection of information through interviewing / interacting with workshop participants, event audiences, partners and organizational staff
- Collate and summaries data
- Assist with the write up and presentation of final evaluation report
- Available to attend the Lunar New Year Event (22nd Feb 2015) and a program of public engagement workshops to be delivered throughout spring 2015.
- Experience of simple evaluation design
- Strong communication skills, especially written and face to face
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Experience using online survey tools
- Ability to multi task and work on multiple workloads
- Strong numeric skills, and ability to collate simple numeric data
- Experience of writing dissertations / reports
- Basic design skills, preferably experience in InDesign
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Deadline is the end Saturday 14 February 2015. Successful candidate will be invited for an informal interview in early January.
- Front of House Volunteer
( If you are interested in the positions below, please download and complete the VOLUNTEER FORM (99) and return to email@example.com)
Are you interested in Museums? Do you want to learn more about Chinese and other East and South East Asian Arts and Cultures? We are seeking for enthusiastic volunteers who will like to be part of our front of house team. You will help to create a welcoming atmosphere and provide excellent customer service care to those that call or visit the museum.
Outline of tasks to be undertaken:
To answer the telephone and record all messages, pass on all messages to the relevant contact.
To serve customers in the shop
Greet Visitors and take admission fees
Conduct visitor survey
Manage the till and take money
Fill in admissions daily record sheet
Recording sales in the book
Taking Friends membership
Stock on shelves
Cleaning-Especially dusting on the shelfs and keeping the shop clean
To keep the desk area clean and tidy
Informing visitors about our permanent, temporary exhibitions as well as the Museum’s programme of events.
Provide visitors with gallery guides, calendar of events and Museum related hand outs
To handle initial inquiries about group and school visits
To take booking information for Museum events and workshops and taking payments